Friday, March 26, 2021

Sometimes my weight loss journey feels like an out of body experience?

F23, 5’4, SW: around 215, CW:139

Over the past 4 years, I made slow and incremental changes around food and exercise that in turn, created lasting results. I was once a newbie who had never touched a barbell and now I do Olympic lifts like it’s the back of my hand. I was probably eating 4000+ calories at my highest weight and now I hover around 1700-2000. I started at a women’s size 14 and now wear a women’s size 4-6. I was once ignored by the opposite sex at my largest and now I receive messages frequently from men. My family no longer comments on my food intake. I can finally look at candid photos of myself without having a mental breakdown. I used to not be able to see my toes - now I can see my abs.

This is all... fine and dandy. It’s just me and my story. But those are two separate lives that I just wrote out. And I lived them! Unfortunately, in my experience, living in a thin body now affords me certain things that living in a fat body didn’t. And damn if it isn’t weird. It’s like I was never the person I was before, but I still carry the baggage. The self consciousness. And I’ve almost become disgusted at my former self. Like she’s someone different! I have no clue how to put this in words, it all just feels like an out of body experience. Like I watched someone else do all of these things... Has anyone else ever experienced this?

submitted by /u/greenteaforthought
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3w2DJWp

No comments:

Post a Comment