Sunday, March 28, 2021

Not Seeing Cutting Results/Weight Loss a Month In

Don't know if this is the right place for cutting questions, but here it is

So I've been getting back into working out after not doing anything due to COVID restrictions. Used to be a regular gym goer. But, like many I've gained a bit of a gut since last March.

I'm doing my first cut. I'm a 29 yr old male, 6'0. According the Fitstinct, my TDEE is 2788 and I'm on a 588 calorie deficit. So I'm eating 2230 calories, 223 carbs and 223g of protein ( I went with the high protein choice)

I work at a desk, but I go to the gym 3 times a week doing a PPL with abs 3 times a week and cycling for 20 mins 3 times a week as well.

I drink 7-8 cups of water a day. I am also getting into getting my nutrition well as well. Pre covid I used MyFitnessPal and all that. And I'm starting to use that again. I weigh out all my foods.

I haven't had any sugary drinks (really I'm only drinking water, unsweetened ginger or green tea), ordered out, had cheat meals, or drank alcohol in March and will continue to do so. For my protein sources I only eat egg whites, chicken breasts, and salmon. I eat brown rice, pasta (2 oz per meal I eat pasta), oatmeal for most of my carbs and fruits for the rest. I'm hitting all of my macros too.

However, I'm finding it doesn't seem like I'm actually losing any weight. By the scale or by an eye test. The eye test wouldn't surprise me this early but the fact that no weight drop on the scale confuses me a bit.

  • Week 1 Weight: 202.1
  • Week 2: 200.1
  • Week 3: 204.8
  • Week 4: This morning I was 202.9 and now after a full day the scale says I'm 205.3

Should I go for a bigger calorie deficit like 700? Or am I potentially doing something else wrong?

submitted by /u/yugwiz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dalDcI

No comments:

Post a Comment