Sunday, March 28, 2021

I think I'm addicted to cheese. Is that a thing?

F34 5'3 SW: 230 CW: 205 GW: 140

I've been working on my weight loss since September after a bad year and a half of weight gain and it went well for a while, but I've stalled in the last two months and it's been hard mentally to eat well. My main issue is cheese. I want it so bad, all the time. It sounds crazy when I write it down or say it out loud, it's just one food, lots of people don't eat cheese, why does it feel so central to my life? I have trouble thinking of more than one or two meals that don't include cheese. When 8pm hits it is all I can think of. And I don't really know how to proceed. Eliminating it completely doesn't seem realistic, it's so ingrained in regular life, pizza parties and appetizer trays and it's everywhere in toddler menus (I have a 2 year old). I don't think I would be able to never eat cheese again, I'm not sure that's a life worth living if I'm being honest. But only having a little hasn't worked, having as much as I want really doesn't work because I still want more...

I looked up substance addiction criteria, and I think I would say I have 7/11. I'm really at a loss with that realisation. It seems really weird to find a therapist and say "hi I think I have a problem with cheese" (lol), also my friend has been looking for a therapist in our town and it seems like they all have a year's wait right now!

Diagnostic criteria for substance addiction: - Taking the substance in larger amounts or for longer than you're meant to. - Wanting to cut down or stop using the substance but not managing to. - Spending a lot of time getting, using, or recovering from use of the substance. - Cravings and urges to use the substance. - Not managing to do what you should at work, home, or school because of substance use. - Continuing to use, even when it causes problems in relationships. - Giving up important social, occupational, or recreational activities because of substance use. - Using substances again and again, even when it puts you in danger. - Continuing to use, even when you know you have a physical or psychological problem that could have been caused or made worse by the substance. - Needing more of the substance to get the effect you want (tolerance). - Development of withdrawal symptoms, which can be relieved by taking more of the substance.

submitted by /u/Ella_surf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sxThPM

No comments:

Post a Comment