Sunday, March 28, 2021

How exactly does losing weight work for your muscle mass?

Hi everyone,

I (female 1,80m/5'11") know exactly what my goal weight is, that's when I felt the best in my life by far. When I was that weight (65kg/143lbs) I didn't work out as much. I danced pretty regularly but I wasn't strong, so my body fat percentage was probably around 25%. Now I weigh 94kg/207lbs and according to my scale I am around 40% bf, meaning my lean weight would be 56kg/123lbs. If I lost weight up to my desired weight at 65kg/143lbs I would technically be at 14% bf which would be way too low for a woman. I currently work out more to keep/ gain muscle. Does that mean that if I lost the excess weight I would have to lose 8kg/17lbs of muscle mass to reach my goal weight? Or is my scale that far off?

How does the muscle mass change with that kind of weight loss? I already lost 16kg/35lbs btw.

Thank you in advance for any answers.

submitted by /u/kappas
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3w2lKzH

No comments:

Post a Comment