Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Everyone is a fitness/nutrition expert.

I have seen this before with my previous attempts at attaining a healthy weight and I am seeing it happen now.

I am big dude. 6'3'' 450 lbs. I am down from 464lbs this past month.
Just like before, people started noticing. Well meaning family members, friends and acquaintances are always ready to fire off some neat little information tidbit to help "tweak" my weight loss.

"Eat more of this, eat less of that."
"Don't do intermittent fasting, your body will go into starvation mode."
"Forget doing weights just do cardio or go for walks with your kids after supper."
and on and on and on...

EVERYONE suddenly whips out their PhD in "Doctor Oz said this..."

In the past I have failed because my head wasn't in the right place. This is why I let people's ( well intentioned ) advice discourage me. I did not know which direction to take because the comments from various people contradicted each other and that just got me confused and frustrated which led me to giving up.

I am sharing this message to everyone else struggling with their obesity and I am also sharing this with myself. To see my own words will make it "more real" and cement my resolve. Funny enough, I was reading a blink about getting rich. It had one piece of advice which I could really adopt and live by. We all should adopt this way of thinking:

Opinions are cheap: everybody has one and most people want to dispense them. In order
to avoid running into the danger of negative influences and straining your own steadfastness,
it makes sense to offer as few opportunities as possible to express their critical opinions.

People who are disheartened in particular should therefore keep their plans and intentions to
themselves and not confide in anybody else - except for the members of their hand-picked
team or trustworthy outsiders.

I wish everyone courage, strength, temperance and a hard-ass type of stubbornness to reach their goals.

submitted by /u/Opa_Kalaka
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PksiZN

No comments:

Post a Comment