Tuesday, March 30, 2021

I've done it before, I want to do it right this time please help

So last year I lost an insane amount of weight. I went from a solid 255, down to 199 all I did was sit on my butt, skipped breakfast and did Keto. The fat melted off of me, but there were some major issues I've encountered.

  1. I had no muscle, I felt so weak, I had depleted any stores I had, and when I started to try and exercise I felt like mush, I was only consuming 1200-1300 kcals a day as a 6 foot man.
  2. Hair thinning, as a 29 year old male I had no issues outside of my weight ( I'm sure my blood work out say other wise) and a full head of hair. From February when I started keto to July, my hair had started to thin drastically in the front, and it still has yet to come in fully which worries me
  3. my look.... yeah I was thinner, and fitting into size large shirts but I was skinny fat, not the look I was going for and I preferred a lean muscular look ( no duh I never worked out, I know it was my fault)
  4. rapid weight gain, so towards the end of my weight loss my wife was nearing her third trimester and craving fast food and milk shakes, I decided what the heck I should just call it quits with keto. I enjoyed shakes when she did, and when my daughter was born could not leave the hospital, the food was awful and the choices were limited, I basically fell into eat what ever you want when ever you want. Boom in 3-5 months I went from 199-242.
  5. The diet, I think you will see results on keto, and doing keto right could work for you but this diet is not for me. My approach was filthy keto, eating essentially fatty meats, cheese and chocolate very few vegetables.

So here I am trying to start over. I have managed to drop back down to 225. These are my goals and how I plan to accomplish them. Please help me figure out what I'm doing is correct.

  1. Diet, Whole foods, cooked by me. Simple, incorporate large portions of vegetables into my diet, along side foods I love. Maintain a 2100 kcal average daily. ( This part I'm trying to make sure I have correct, I don't count macros, but I assume keeping under my recommended TDEE along with my exercise program should help me lose.
  2. Exercise, For the learn muscular look I am going for I have decided to do the p90x3 program, along with an active life style. So for instance I do the p90x3 work outs, and when I get a chance I take the dogs on a 45 minute walk, I walk them every day that it's not raining or storming ( unless there is an occasion). Debating if I should continue my 5x5 program ( 3 days a week) to see if I can gain strength while eating less then recommended. And my bud and I plan on going mountain biking on Saturdays that it is pretty out.
  3. Tracking, I found while my first weight loss recording weekly my weight and my exercises made it super interesting and intuitive. I enjoyed jumping on the scale seeing anywhere from 2-3 lbs loss. I'm using a handful of tracking tools to keep track of everything, MFP for consumption, and my apple watch tracks my steps, and I have an app that tracks my p90x3 work outs.

At the end of the day, this sounds almost like I'm just talking and I know that this should yield results. But the biggest question I have is should I worry about my macros? And would it be recommended that I do my 5x5 program on top of the p90x3? All this being said I'm still proud of my self. The highest weight I've been is just shy of 300, and I'm fighting to drop my last 25-45 lbs to get into my goal body. Thank you for your time.

submitted by /u/familydude213
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sBQaqg

No comments:

Post a Comment