Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Trying to Lose Weight While Weightlifting, Can Muscle Mass Counter Weight Loss?

So I just got into weightlifting about 2 months ago and I'm pretty much in love with it, to the point that I look forward to walking a mile to the gym, working out, then walking a mile back. I go 5/6 days a week. I don't think it is something that I would ever want to give up. I am, however, currently 20 lbs overweight (after dropping about 80 lbs a few years ago and staying at the same weight since), and am eating ~1500 kcal a day to drop weight. So far the scale has only budged about 1 lbs after 3 weeks of consistent counting.

My theory is that this is due to replacing fat with muscle, but I'm unsure if this is wishful thinking or not. I've definitely gained muscle mass, but would it be enough to counter balance my weightloss? I'm pretty sick of being just above my goal weight when getting to that goal weight has been something I've been thinking about everyday for the past 4 years.

submitted by /u/adamhbr321
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39v9IVK

No comments:

Post a Comment