Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Switching from 2000kcal to 1600, wish me luck :)

So I came from 80kg to 74kg somewhat surprisingly, eating at my calculated maintenance of 2000kcal but it dropped rapidly. I was wondering when was it going to stop and well, it did now :) So I downgraded my daily food package to 1600 (I use a full service with daily delivery of ready meals for the day) starting today and my goal is to reach 70kg, though I know I will feel terrific at 72 already. Although it is a bit of work, I would like to encourage everyone and testify that my weight loss has not been a torture, it is just fine especially after first three weeks of getting into it. I felt awfully full and well fed on the 2000kcal diet lately and I kind of long for the slight feeling of lightness and progress this switch to 1600 will bring. I am quite confident that I will not feel terribly hungry, it will be just fine. I think limiting food is largely a mental exercse and has to do with attitude. Hunger is a kind of a panic reaction and it can easily be an overreaction, because a calorie deficit of 400 or so a day is not actually harming you. Peope were hungry for a decade during and after the war, if I remember correctly the daily emergency ration was limited to 400kcal a day in post-war Berlin on the worst periods. Having a constant supply of 1600 or 2000kcal of quality food every day, this calls for gratitude and calm, not complaining, anxiety and panic. Feeling a bit hungry tonight is nothing if you remind yourself that you have actually eaten, your body is just fine and there will be a new meal tomorrow exactly as planned. This is my experience and if reading this helps even a single person, I consider it being worth typing out. I will report back when I reach my milestones of 72 and 70 accordingly.

submitted by /u/canyoufixmyspacebar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39uvpW3

No comments:

Post a Comment