Thursday, March 25, 2021

Weight Loss "Hack" for When You're Not Actually Losing It

This is my (27F SW: 205lb CW: 185lb GW: 155lb) first post after a lot of lurking, but it's been a rough week so I finally felt like sharing a little hack that has helped me maintain some sanity.

Despite sticking to my OMAD & CICO plan just like every other week, this week the scale jumped up 5 pounds, and it was disheartening. I've been working really hard to remind myself that it's likely just water weight, that it's a marathon not a sprint, and that if I just stick to my plan, eventually the numbers on the scale will start going back down - but it still sucks to feel like I'm losing progress. Suddenly my brain turned negative, and I was noticing my chins, my rolls, and my stomach so much more and feeling terrible about them.

Rather than saying "fuck it" and giving up (like I have probably a million times in the past), or going extreme to try to undo those 5 pounds, I bought a new self tanner and put it all over my body, and it cured me of the super negative body image and self talk! It's like an instant before & after photo.

TLDR: Sometimes a lil fake bake is all you need to cure the plateau/inexplicable gains blues.

submitted by /u/Dear-Jellyfish3441
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vY0Kda

No comments:

Post a Comment