Wednesday, March 31, 2021

I lost 12 pounds!!! I can’t believe it!!

I’ve been a long time lurker on this community and have always hoped that one day I would have something to contribute. Today is the day! I know 12 pounds isn’t a lot, but it’s a start!

At the end of January I decided to take my health more seriously, and now I can finally see some results.

I am not a person who believes in dieting or cutting out any food group. I also don’t count calories. I just choose to focus on eating healthy as a lifestyle. For me, dieting is not sustainable.

My biggest problem is convenience. I’m married, work 5 days per week, go to school full time, have two dogs, a small side business, and a house. So, if the food is taking forever to prepare, I will eat something I shouldn’t. Since January, Ive been eating things that I like that are quick, convenient, and taste great!

For breakfast everyday I eat oatmeal with almond milk, fruit, sliced almonds, coconut flakes , and 1 tablespoon of almond butter, Nutella, or maple syrup. For lunch, I often eat lentil & vegetable soup. Around 4pm, I eat a snack of veggies and a yogurt or apple. Around 9pm, I eat dinner. This really varies but is usually vegetables and fish or chicken.

One thing I refuse to give up is coffee. I like my coffee a certain way and I’m not willing to change it. I drink an iced vanilla latte everyday just the way that the coffee shop makes it. I have an espresso machine at home and I make my own vanilla simple syrup too. So it’s espresso, milk, and 3 tablespoons of syrup.

I’m a 5’3 female and I let myself get up to 212 pounds. Because of the way that I’m built, I hide my weight extremely well. Now I’m at 200 pounds! I don’t have a goal weight in mind yet. I’m just going to keep doing what I’m doing and figure it out.

Last summer, I rode my bicycle 360 miles in 6 days on a trip with my mom, aunt, and cousin. Once the weather is nice where I live, I’ll get back into bike riding and I’m sure that will help with my weight loss.

Anyways, thanks so much for listening. It was nice to get to write it out. Thanks for being such a great community!

submitted by /u/skepticalstott
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rFJVAe

No comments:

Post a Comment