Friday, March 26, 2021

Medication hid a month of weight loss

Last month I injured my back and I needed to go on prescription pain medication. Before taking the medication, I noticed that one listed weight gain as a potential side effect. In hindsight, I am so glad I read through all the potential side effects. Once I started taking the medication, I gained about 1.5 pounds and basically stayed there the rest of the month. In fact, one of my apps congratulated me on maintaining. Ugh.

While taking the medication, I was still logging food, maintaining a caloric deficit, and exercising (albeit less heavy exercise because of my injury). Based on those numbers, I was still on track to lose about 1.5 a week. However, the number did not budge. After two weeks, I started to become frustrated and then that turned into self-doubt. Maybe I was eating too much, maybe I was eating too little, maybe my kitchen scale was inaccurate, etc. etc. My husband sweetly reminded me multiple times that it was probably the medication.

Luckily I started feeling much better earlier this week. So, I stopped taking the prescription. Lo and behold, I “magically” lost a little over 6 pounds in 4 days. I lost all the weight I was supposed to lose this month. (I also had an NSV — fitting into a size 8 pant for the first time since my twenties this morning!)

So, if you are taking medication, it can hide your weight loss. Take it from me, maintain your deficit and you may experience the “woosh” after you stop taking the medication. While in the middle of my self-doubt, I searched the sub to see if there were any stories and did not find any. I could be terrible at searching, but, just in case, I wanted to post this (my first post here despite years on this sub) for someone who may be experiencing this and needs to hear this story. Thanks r/loseit — you are all the best.

submitted by /u/insert_username_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cs3fwN

No comments:

Post a Comment