Monday, March 29, 2021

Progress. (70 pounds down!) wanted to extend my thanks

Hey everyone.

Male, 21, SW: 337 lb CW: 265 lb GW: 180/210 here. I don't have too many friends or family members that I'm comfortable with talking about my weight, for all of my weight loss journey I've just been a lurker on here, minus the time I made one post asking why I was losing 2 pounds a day and then gained weight again..(turns out water retention is a b*tch)

Started my health journey on December 11th of 2020. For the next 25-ish days I tried to lose weight by myself, exercising, eating an extremely low calorie diet (Sub 1100 a day for a 6'3, 337lb male..) Despite all of this when I went to the doctor on January 3rd, 2021 I had only lost a total of two pounds.

My doctor started me on Phentermine and told me to keep eating when I'm hungry (but within reason) and do as much exercise as physically possible. Since then the weight has just shed off. I only took the Phentermine for two months (All of Jan and February.) and I was really afraid when I stopped taking it that the weight would come back or I'd turn into a binging monster. But since then the weight I've lost for March is on track to match the previous two months. In January I lost 31.2 lb. In February I lost 20.8 lb. And this March I lost about 20.7 pounds.)

I just feel so happy, and although I have SO much left to go (With a GW of 210 / 180) as mentioned. This is the thinnest I've been in years and the happiest I've been with my body...since...well for a long time.

Just wanted to share with you guys. Best of luck on your own journeys and I hope I can post again here when I hit the big 1 0 0 lb lost.

Also I feel the need to say that Phentermine wasn't / isn't magic and should only be taken when discussed with your doctor etc. etc. It gave me horrible, never ending dry-mouth. Made me so irritable I'd cry when doing laundry, and sometimes my thighs (femurs?) would ache but most of these side-effects ended as soon as they started. The lifestyle changes of quitting sugared sodas and sweets and chips and stuff like that, combined with my new love for exercise (if only there was more time in the day...) is what my doctor stresses are the real improvements.

Best of luck! x x

submitted by /u/DannyABoi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3m1uph4

No comments:

Post a Comment