Sunday, March 28, 2021

Does anyone else feel the need to explain their weight loss?

Long time lurker, first time poster. I hit a point where I was 201lbs. Everyone would tell me “Oh you’re not fat, you’re just so tall and you carry it well!” but I hated the way I looked. I had always tried to lose the extra weight but never stuck with it. Now, using Noom, I [22F] am down 9.8lbs in just over a month and I feel the best I’ve felt since freshman year of college!

One of my coworkers asked me if I was losing weight. Several of them have asked me why I’m all of a sudden packing my own lunch instead of going to the cafeteria. I have no problems being honest when asked, but I always feel the need to preface my answer with the fact my family has a history of type 2 diabetes, heart attacks, and strokes. I don’t want to be labeled as having an eating disorder, especially when they ask me how I’m doing it (the standard strict CICO and 1200-1500 calories per day depending on how much I move). And of course their response is usually “but you’re already so skinny.”

I’ve noticed this in Facebook groups too; one group I’m in banned mentioning calorie counting or dieting in any form. It’s so frustrating when people post asking about weight loss and other jump on the comments and say that it’s triggering.

submitted by /u/supertallcr
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3u4V8vN

No comments:

Post a Comment