Monday, March 29, 2021

Permanent Weight Loss?

Hi r/loseit!

I'm interested in losing weight (the CICO method has always been my preferred choice because of the flexibility), but my own anecdotal experience and, it seems, the scientific world say that permanent weight loss is near impossible.

I've weight cycled my entire life and won't go into the details of it all. But, it seems scientific data also backs this (again, won't go into detail, but you can find some discouraging studies just by putting "is permanent weight loss possible" into Google). It seems anywhere from 5-20% of people actually maintain their weight loss long term, and weight cycling has very damaging health effects.

I'm curious as to y'alls thoughts on this and how to prevent that, as this is my main hang-up with trying to tackle my weight again. Thanks!

submitted by /u/MissMisnomer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sznhLl

No comments:

Post a Comment