Sunday, May 2, 2021

How do I stop waiting for results and start living my life in the meantime?

I'm a male, 30, starting weight over 400 pounds last year, and current weight about 340.

There are a lot of things I want to do with my life. I'm really far behind the societal curve because I've spent the last ~20 years of my life basically in isolation. I want to be a normal person doing normal things, but my weight and other factors are holding me back.

I'm working on it really hard, and I am seeing results... but it's slow. I know that's just the way it is when you're losing weight at about the 1% rate you're supposed to lose it, and I know it's only going to get slower as I get smaller.

I'm very grateful and appreciative of how far I've progressed... I'm almost half way there, after all (my goal weight is 200lbs).

But I feel like my life is just on pause until I meet my goals. I don't enjoy ANYTHING anymore. None of my hobbies satisfy me, and any time I do start to enjoy something for a minute, this fear creeps up that if I enjoy anything right now, I'll fall off the wagon and stop making progress.

I don't have anyone in my life to support and encourage me. Family criticizes my weight loss... trying to tell me my diet choices aren't healthy (while they stuff their faces with sugar). I'm single and my only true friend lives in another state. All my other friends are coworkers either focused on work, or who have their own lives and their own friend circles to interact with.

This loneliness is one of the things I want to correct, but I can't get past my weight, and whenever I'm out in public, I look at all the other happy people and just get depressed, sitting alone with my fatness.

I don't even enjoy watching movies or playing games anymore. If I try to distract or entertain myself, I just start thinking about the fact that sitting on my ass all day is how I got this fat to begin with... it immediately makes me feel like I'm just putting the weight back on.

I don't want to be fat and alone and depressed anymore.

submitted by /u/DunTuchMaFud
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eaIjuN

No comments:

Post a Comment