Wednesday, May 5, 2021

How many lbs between women’s sizes? Trying to plan ahead. Also vanity sizing is out of control.

Ok so it took me (20 F) 21lbs (210 to 190) to go from a 16 to a 14, and then 15 lbs (190 to 175) to go from a 14 to a 12. But THEN I went from 175 to 158 and went down almost TWO sizes (now an 8 in most jeans, except smaller brands like H&M in borderline 10). 17 lbs for 2 dress sizes is an average of 8.5 pounds per dress size. What gives? In the beginning I thought the scale was lying to me since I was still the same size, but now I’m down two dress sizes in a month and a half. What gives? Are there less inches or lbs between smaller sizes? When will I be a 6 or a 4? This is important because my sister is getting married in August and I need to estimate what size dress to get. I’m planning on getting 1 size larger than I will be based off of my weight loss averaging 2.5lbs a week for the past 4months, but if it’s any more than 1 size bigger I won’t be able to get it tailored!! By August I should be about 130, my goal weight (I’m thinking 125-130 to stop losing) for my 5’3 frame.

Also, the measurements they give for women’s sizes are totally false! I tested it on me, my size 2 friend, and my size 4 friend when I was a 12. According to the chart, we should have at been 2 or more sizes higher. My hypothesis is that the charts haven’t really been updated since the first wave of vanity sizing in the 80’s, so with the size increases in recent years (particularly the last 10-15) the charts are non sensical.

A little personal anecdote; when I was younger, about 15, Old Navy sizes always ran large, I would be a 4 there even though I was really a 6. But I went back 2 months ago when I was a 12 and the sizes are ridiculously large. I was a 6! I am not a 6 now, and was certainly not back then...that’s a 3 size larger size model, compared fo the 1 size larger I experience just 5 years ago. I recently learned that a size 0 today, is what a size 4 would have been in the 90s. Although the Devil Wears Prada came out when I was in kindergarten, Ann Hathaway’s character “Andy” is made fun of for being a size 6. While she may have been a 6 in 2006, she definitely would be a 2021 4 or maybe even a 2.

submitted by /u/No-Possibility6776
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33ii3IL

No comments:

Post a Comment