Tuesday, May 4, 2021

Just not losing it

Current stats: 32F, 198lbs, 5'5"

I've been very hesitant to post about my weight loss journey because I'm worried that I'll receive harsh criticism instead of support. I've never been the type to respond well to "tough love" or "harsh truths" but I do understand fair criticism when it is needed.

I have always been over weight, and my weight has fluctuated. The highest I've ever been is 240lbs, the lowest I've ever been was 120 (I was on adderall for a year in high school and lost weight due to no appetite). I've tried diets, keto, mediterranean, etc, nothing has ever worked long term.

In late 2019, I had a baby, and went right back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 187 as soon as I was out of the hospital. I hovered around that weight, at one point getting as low as 183, until the beginning of this year when we moved. I was sick of the inactivity and joined a gym, and I have been working out 6 out of 7 days out of the week non-stop since 3/1.

But I haven't lost any weight. I started at 194 and I'm now at 198. I understand that muscle weighs more than fat but I see literally no difference in the pictures I took at the beginning to now. My clothes don't fit any different, in fact some clothes I can't even wear any longer. I feel disgusting.

I don't eat like a hog but I don't keep a strict log of everything I eat either.. I don't want to have the anxiety of having to track every single macro for the rest of my life to lose weight. I eat breakfast and lunch, a few small snacks, and rarely dinner. My days of keto dieting still have me avoiding most sugar and carbs. I don't drink soda, I don't have caffeine, I don't drink milk or any other sugary drinks or alcohol so no drinking "empty" calories. I'm well hydrated with water, I even bought a giant 64oz water jug that I fill up a few times during the day.

I do have an IUD and I'm also on another medication that can cause weight gain through appetite stimulation, but another medication that suppresses appetite. I don't have a ravenous appetite so I don't believe it's the medication causing me to gain. Maybe the IUD? I'm not sure.

I just don't know how I could have been working out for nearly 2 months straight and see no difference.

My workout routine is mainly machines. I see profess in the amount of weight I am able to handle. For instance, I started out on the leg press at 70lbs and it was a struggle. Now I'm at 160lbs. I also just started to add more cardio into my workout, so when I'm finished on the machines I'll either wall the track for 20-30 minutes or I'll get on the treadmill. Some days I'll only do a few machines and dedicate the rest of the time, generally about 45 minutes, to the treadmill, where I can burn about 400 calories according to my Fitbit.

Maybe this is all over the place. Like I said, I was very hesitantly to post in the first place. Maybe I need an outside perspective on what I'm doing wrong. I feel so defeated whenever I get up in the morning and I see the number on the scale has not changed. Whenever I look in the mirror and still see the same fat body even though I feel so much stronger...

submitted by /u/3catmafia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eWULOb

No comments:

Post a Comment