Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Turns out getting blood cancer has worked better than any weight loss plan I've ever participated in. Which kind sucks.

I was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia back in early december of 2020. Since then, I've lost more weight then I ever have working out or counting calories. I was at 310 lbs in December and I'm currently 245 lbs for the first time in my adult life (28 M). Not few years ago when I was in college the smallest I ever got myself with eating healthy and working out four times a week was going from 290 lbs to257 lbs.

My doctor's says it's very common for weight loss to occur during chemotherapy, due to all the side effects such as nausea, reduced appetite, lactose intolerance, and diarrhea.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm kinda scared I'll develop an eating disorder once my treatment is over and I go into remission. I've been trying and failing for a long time to get my size down and I've never been this close before. I've spoken with my doctor about using this situation as a springboard to get to a healthy size but I'm not very educated about eating disorders in the other direction, ya know?

TLDR: Got cancer, much more effective than anything else I've tried, worried about eating disorders, advice?

submitted by /u/IamMyBrain
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2R0SLMJ

No comments:

Post a Comment