Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Anyone get comments from people at work (i.e. workers, customers, patrons, acquaintances, etc.) about how your weight loss is unhealthy/bad for you/making you look sickly, etc?

I'm down about 20 pounds, give or take 2-3 pounds, in the last three months. Most people haven't said anything but the ones who noticed made sure to ask me things like, "Are you sick? Did you get COVID? It's not healthy to lose weight so fast, you look sick now, etc" and it really bugs me. Anyone else have experience with this and if so what's your way of dealing with it? I stopped working out completely after a nasty shoulder injury about three years ago. I was competing in bodybuilding contests for my weight class, but I lost my job, got injured, and fell into a depression where I turned to food to cope. Lost a ton of the muscle I had, especially since I stopped cycling and stopped exercising, gained a ton of fat, do I basically looked like I never lifted a weight in my life at my peak low point. I have a good base of muscle underneath the fat, which I'm shedding now, but these comments bother me more than thru ought to. Sorry, had to vent. Thanks for listening.

submitted by /u/AnalApparatus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3b6OtKz

No comments:

Post a Comment