Monday, May 3, 2021

What are the some good habits and thinking patterns to aid weight loss

Hi, I'm basically in a bit of an internal conflict. I struggle with calorie counting and any sort of strict regime because it brings out my obsessive tendencies and old eating disorder thoughts. I've accepted that these tactics aren't safe for me. Instead, I've started working on making room for good habits and positive experiences with exercise and healthy food. I'm losing weight slooooooowly, though in truth I'm not sure exactly since I've stopped weighting myself as well. That actually improved my mental well-being so much it's kind of depressing. I sew as a hobby so I'm constantly remeasuring myself and it seems I'm getting smaller, though.

To throw a wrench into the works, turns out that we'd like to have the wedding in about 6 months time and I just have this visceral desire to have the weight gone from my life by then. I've been thinking about using food substitutes to have precise control over my calories and I even started coming up with ways how to get away with not eating or making myself sick in a shared household. But I know it's not good and all it's going to achieve is another huge yoyo and another round of the self-hate cycle.

I think if I felt like I'm putting some extra effort, it would be enough to make me happy. Therefore I'd like to ask for tips on some further healthy habits that would make me feel like I'm doing something, but which I wouldn't be able to turn against myself as easily. Turns out this is a particular talent of mine. Many of the common suggestions I'm either doing (eg. not drinking my sugar) or aren't applicable (eg. I don't commute and the grocery store is basically next door), so I'm looking more for the little weird stuff that kind of stacks over time.

submitted by /u/Lilly-of-the-Lake
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vHPtgh

No comments:

Post a Comment