Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Anyone lost weight the healthy way but still gained it back?

I lost 8kg (18lbs) in 5ish months with CICO (5"6, from 147lbs to 128lbs) and exercising (running 3x week). I was really proud of myself as I have a history of disordered eating and this time I managed to eat enough (between 1200 and 1400 calories, then up to 1800 for maintenance for a few weeks), having cheat days here and there when eating at friend's places without feeling guilty/disrupting the whole weight loss, etc.
Then my BF came to stay with me (we are long distance, but he could work remotely so he stayed with me). I stopped counting, it was hard to control myself, we ate out much more, bought nicer food, cooked nicer meals... I stopped running, and started going to the gym and lifting 3x/week. And now, 4 months later, I am basically back to my starting weight. I am so frustrated with myself. I was so proud of my efforts and now it's as if it never happened. I know the weight isn't muscle as I've been lifting for less than 2 months (and I can see in the mirror I am not as thin as before).
I feel like the only way to keep the weight off is if I keep on weighing everything and counting calories forever, which is not viable long-term (especially if I am living with my SO, as we eat together and love to cook homemade meals). I just wish I could eat normally and exercise and be at a weight where I like my body, without having to obsess over calories and think about food all the time.

Sorry for the rant. I guess I just want to know people's experiences with gaining back the lost weight, how they coped, if they managed to find balance in their life after all or not.

submitted by /u/maghii
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lbuWPf

No comments:

Post a Comment