Tuesday, July 27, 2021

It all starts today

Hey all,

I'm a 22 year old man who weighs about 305 lbs. My goal weight at the end of all this is somewhere in the 160s. Recently, I've been given a wake up call with my A1C numbers (bordering on prediabetic). So, I've enlisted the help of a dietitian, an endocrinologist, and a therapist to aid me in my journey. I was prescribed Ozempic to help my A1C and weight loss. However, after reading about the side effects and such, I have decided against it. I want to lose weight the old fashioned way: eating healthier and exercising.

My first set of goals are to lose 5-10% of my current body weight in 4 months, exercise for at least an hour a week (to start), and to start tracking what I eat. There are other strategies I've already discussed with my dietitian (cutting back on soda, eating more veggies, drinking more water than milk) that I'm going to incorporate too.

So you may be wondering why I'm posting this here. Well, I want a community that will help keep me accountable and give me advice. With that being said, do you guys think my plan is sensible? I'm open to any advice or pointers.

submitted by /u/NocturnePhantasm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UWLgbN

No comments:

Post a Comment