Monday, July 26, 2021

Disappointed in myself

Like many of you on here I have been gaining and losing weight for the better part of 15 years. I haven't figured out how to successfully maintain weight. I understand the theoretical logic behind how to maintain wright. Just haven't been successful in practice yet.

So that brings me to today. Despite trying really hard to be healthier the past year, I fell off the metaphorical wagon in April and have been pretty much failing when it comes to diet since then. At my lowest I got down to 135 (5'6"F) and looked to be on my way to thin (definitely skinny fat though). But I've been overeating far too often, especially the last month. Today my husband asked me why I was sticking my stomach out while we were brushing teeth with the kids. I wasn't sticking my stomach out, it's just that big now. I literally lost all the weight loss progress I've made and look like I'm 4 months pregnant (definitely not). It sucks. I know I need to get my eating in check, but stress and poor self control have made my binge eating out of control as of late.

I like to think that tomorrow is going to be this fresh new start but I already feel so defeated that it's hard to muster up the fight needed to regain self control. I don't really know the point of this post. Maybe just a shout out to the others in loseit who, like me, are restarting their fitness journey and feel like they're fighting a losing battle. At some point we will get it together, whether tomorrow, or the day after that, or maybe next week or next month... We will be successful at this in the future, even if we must wade through a bit more failure first.

submitted by /u/tootlewho
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UJdHdh

No comments:

Post a Comment