Saturday, July 31, 2021

Help (32M) weight loss newbie looking for a point in the right direction

I will start by apologizing before hand if this is the wrong place, or I post this wrong. I have only ever commented a couple times before on reddit. I usually just browse and lurk. If it's done wrong I will strive to fix it.

As the title says I'm a 32 year old male and am 6ft 2in tall. I have been overweight most of my life about 280, but active do to work and choice of hobbies. I was in good enough shape to dive, hike, fish, camp, etc. 5 Years ago I was involved in an accident it was bad leaving me disabled. Long story short it has severely impacted my mental and physical health. I am coming out of the other side of the mental damage and loss of control. I realize that the way that I have dealt with this is in the most unhealthy fashion and recently realized just how bad I've gotten. I don't even know what I weigh anymore but well into the 400lb range if I were to guess. I have fairly severe mobility and flexibility issues. I can "walk" short distances, it's more of a Frankenstein limp with a cane or walker though due to the right leg being mostly uncontrolled and in pain. Have a reconstrued hip that doesn't allow for bending or flexing on the right side (This is something I hope the weight loss will help change)

I have begun to track my food intake and calories, using my fitness pal and trying to make smarter choices with my food. But as I look for ways to do exercises I find that my pervious experience is lacking having been able bodied before. Having tried may of the activities I used to I'm finding them difficult or utterly impossible currently. Are there resources for exercises that one can do in a situation like mine? I'd just appreciate a point in the right direction please.

Thank you all in advance

submitted by /u/Shinta_007
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3j6PMwu

No comments:

Post a Comment