Friday, July 23, 2021

I gained 50 lbs during COVID and I’m so desperate to lose the weight that I’m having a hard time not developing eating disorder tendencies.

For reference, I’m 5’3” female. My weight has always fluctuated between 112-130 lbs, and I was content with that. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a long time a few days ago and I was shocked to see the number 170.

I know slow and steady weight loss is the healthy and maintainable thing to do, but I can’t get it out of my head that that’s not good enough. At the generally recommended pace of 2lb/week, I wouldn’t be back to my normal weight until at least January. My brain just can’t deal with that. In my head I want to lose 4lbs/week, but after doing the math on that I realized I’d have to eat less than 1000 calories a day and spend hours every day exercising.

Something that’s also making it harder for me is that I used to make a good amount of money selling pictures (not fully nude, and please don’t judge me for it). I recently lost my job so I want to start doing that again to keep myself afloat while I find work, but I’m afraid that no one will find me attractive anymore. It doesn’t help that my hips and butt are covered in stretch marks.

I’m just so desperate to lose the weight that I’m having a hard time fighting the urge to cut my calories well below what’s safe and exercise all day every day. If anyone has ever had a similar mindset, I’d really appreciate some advice on how I can address this before it becomes a real problem.

submitted by /u/therearentanyleft369
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kPmVz3

No comments:

Post a Comment