Wednesday, July 28, 2021

I always get negative comments about my weight loss and people telling me I'm "too skinny", how do I shut them down?

Im 5'10 and 144lbs male, 26 y/o. I use to be very obese.. like 240. I'm healthy and feel happy at this weight, yes I'm quite skinny but I'm okay with that and its healthier to eat less. My body fat is low as well. I put a LOT of work into getting to this weight and shedding all the stubborn fat.

I get alot of negative comments about my weight and my friends, family and the girl I'm seeing always try to feed me. I can feed myself, I have a structure to my diet and I can't just eat extra random stuff, especially unhealthy food like carbs and dessert. Everything is calorie counted or I don't eat.

They are either still fat, or have never been fat, so they don't understand what it's like to be afraid of gaining weight and what goes into maintaining. How can I shut them down gently?

The girl that I'm seeing knew me when I was fat and she always goes on about how skinny I am and how you can see all my ribs etc.. it's normal to see ribs and bones, just because I was a fatty before doesnt mean I don't have them. I look normal.

I am maybe overly obsessive about food and weight but if you used to be fat I think you will understand. I don't want to go back to that. I lost weight quickly which maybe contributes to the comments.

What should I do?

submitted by /u/Iwtfdt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3zNvkHG

No comments:

Post a Comment