Friday, July 30, 2021

Discouraged in weight loss journey

I gained 20 pounds since 2019 (pandemic, dad got cancer, several family members died, tore my ACL), and began working out November 2020. For the first several months, the scale stayed the same but my body dramatically changed (you can see the pictures in my profile).

The past six weeks, I have been much more mindful of my diet (~1500 cal/day) and trying to do 20 minutes of daily sweaty speedwalking in addition to my lifting routine. I lost 9 pounds! It was so encouraging to see how thinking a little harder about food and doing a little cardio went such a long way! I bought a crop top!

Then I got my period and got my wisdom teeth out, and the scale has gone back up 9 pounds in the last week. I’ve still been doing cardio and have definitely been eating even fewer calories since I’m only allowed to eat soft foods post-op. I know that this journey isn’t linear, but it is really freaking discouraging. I want to be in this for the long haul, but six weeks of work seemingly getting cancelled by one week that’s out of my control is such a drag! Do y’all ever feel like this?

One positive side…I was always afraid of gaining the 20 extra lbs I have on me now. Two years in, literally the only change is that I bought bigger bras and pants. My husband still loves me, I’m still good at my job, I can still do things I like to do, and all of that helped me realize I love myself at any weight. It is a relief to be on a weight loss journey without shame or fear of myself.

submitted by /u/scrappydooandthecrew
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3BUoWQF

No comments:

Post a Comment