Friday, July 30, 2021

Post weight loss flab and chronic illness. How do I build muscle?

I'm an underweight, short (152- 43) female with very weak muscles and a high body fat percentage. I have adrenal fatigue and fatty liver disease so it is really difficult for me to walk and exercise. At one point I could not walk and had to literally sit down every minute or else I felt like I was going to faint from the pain in my body. I am currently on medications and even though my health is improving, I cannot exercise for long.

My weight fluctuated between 66 kilograms (28 bmi for me) and 37 kilograms depending on my liver health. I've lost and gained the same kilograms three times the past five years and my body looks different each time, less and less toned.

I probably lost a lot of weight and muscle after I gave birth to my daughter. 44 lbs since December. She's only 13 lbs 13 oz and holding her for more than 1 minute makes me want to cry because my whole body hurts.

How do I start lifting weights and what do I need to do to tone my body, I am really confused because I am underweight and still have a lot of fat, more fat than the first two times I lost weight, so technically do I not need to be in a deficit to lose it? But with weight lifting I would need to eat more.

With strength training is it okay to start with my body weight and gradually increase? How many times a week? I don't know what to do or where to start.

submitted by /u/pillsandashes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WBhbit

No comments:

Post a Comment