Sunday, July 25, 2021

Starting a weight loss journey

Day1: Hi everyone! I’m 19F, 5’4’’ and starting at 215 pounds.

As you’ve probably guessed from the title, I decided to start a weight loss journey.

Here’s a little backstory on my relationship with food and body image: As a child, I would get sick easily, which resulted in me not eating much. So my family associated me being healthy with eating more than usual. (As a side note, all of my family members have struggled with their weight at some point in their life) I think this mindset stuck with me after my health problems stopped. I would still eat more than necessary to please my family, and also because I genuinely like food. All of a sudden, everyone started to notice my weight gain. And I got bullied for it from elementary school all the way to my second year of high school. I joined a sports team that year, and not only did I lose a lot of weight, but it also made me really happy. As soon as I started college however, I started to gain the weight back and more. I was depressed, dealing with anxiety and my mental health overall was at its worst. My weight also started to impact my mobility and to cause me physical pain.

I am thankfully feeling a lot better now, and I want to start taking care of myself. But I don’t know where to start. The weight loss community is so broad and it’s members all have very different opinions. There are so many “methods” to lose weight that I don’t even know where to start. That’s why I turned to this community. I am hoping that some of you will give me some advice. The only thing that I know for sure is that I will need to be in a calorie deficit. I know that this journey won’t be easy. But I’m ready to take on this challenge and better myself.

submitted by /u/TangerineNo4034
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kQSdFS

No comments:

Post a Comment