Sunday, July 25, 2021

When to stop losing and start maintaining? Before or after I see the changes I’m looking for?

Hello, I’m looking for advice on when to stop weight loss, but more so when I will see my desired changes.

For my stats, I’m 16 m and was 5’9 188lbs at the beginning of quarantine, cutting down and growing a little to be 5’9.5 158lbs, so officially 30lbs down today. I was going at it lighter at the beginning of quarantine, just dieting a bit without exercising a lot, and then stopped for a bit in the middle. Lately however, I found my groove again and have been burning 3500 cal a day (according to Fitbit) and eating around 1500-1700, to be in a deficit of around 2000. It’s pretty tough for me to maintain.

To be honest, I thought by now I would see my abs and be able to maintain instead of keep losing, but I barely see a difference at all in the mirror. My belly is less protruding and I’m slightly leaner but the change is probably 1/5 of what I was hoping by now. I feel like I have quite a bit of muscle based on the fact some of them poke out and they feel hard to me, so maybe that could be a factor, then again I might be biased. I’m not sure how to measure my body fat % properly either.

Should I keep losing weight till I look like I want to, should I just stop and maintain, or should I start to try and build muscle instead? Furthermore, what could the issue be? Do I have a lot of muscle under my fat that makes me look this way, or could I not have enough muscle? I would really appreciate any help!

Thanks for reading and for any advice!

submitted by /u/Lalanoli8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3i19HO2

No comments:

Post a Comment