Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Undecided whether to start serious lifting program while still in a deficit

Hey everyone, I'm a 5'2 female, 184lbs, and I've been spending the past month or so really learning as much as I can about starting a serious strength training program. My goals other than losing fat are to get strong, develop muscle for a better physique, and to actually be able to eat more by increasing lean muscle mass to burn more calories at rest. I've been a yo-yo dieter for many years and my metabolism is pretty sluggish as a result.

So I've managed to stick to a high protein (100g/day) diet of 1400-1500 calories per day for the past six weeks, and it's pretty sustainable, I feel I'm developing good habits. The weight loss is extremely slow, maybe one or two pounds in six weeks, but I'd rather that than drop calories any lower.

My question is, am I going to be able to build any kind of lean muscle or strength while in this deficit if I start a strength program?

submitted by /u/FallyWaffles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3BYT4KX

No comments:

Post a Comment