Monday, July 26, 2021

Some NSVs and things I've learnt along the way

I've been on my weight loss journey since November, I've had a couple of setbacks but nothing really major. I don't really spend a lot of time thinking about NSVs, they just kind of crop up in my mind as I'm going about my day.

When I started, I couldn't walk upstairs without feeling out of breath and feeling like my heart was beating out of my chest. I realised a few days ago that this doesn't happen anymore, and if my knees weren't so bad, I'm fairly sure I could run upstairs now.

I noticed a few weeks ago that I can actually feel some bones now. I've read about this before and was expecting this to happen to me much further down the line. I've recently been able to feel my hip bones and can also feel a couple of ribs (at least I think it's ribs, I'm not sure) and can also feel my jawline a little better.

I've gone down a clothes size and it's such a nice feeling to buy something a size down and have it actually fit. I still feel really weird about it and have to convince myself that I'm getting the correct size rather than the bigger size.

My mindset has changed completely, that's in part because of this subreddit and because of work I've been doing on myself. I don't feel like I have to eat everything all in one go because it'll still be there later and I've got to know my limits with food. I treated myself the other night and spent some time thinking about how much I'd actually eat and what the healthier options might be.

I've had setbacks and where I would have given up before because of them, now I just chalk it up to a bad day, let myself feel however I feel about it, and continue my new habits the next day.

I've really cut down on the binge eating and emotional eating, I think I've only really done it once or twice and even then, I chose the healthy options.

My main reason for wanting to lose weight was for my health and because I was scared of dying young, but I also feel a little more confident now I've lost weight and I actually like the photos I'm in now and don't dread seeing them.

My biggest NSV, which I've mentioned before, is that I can actually walk places now. When I started, I was unable to even walk round the supermarket without my back and knees being in agony but now I'm able to walk miles and be ok. I think the most I've done so far is about 5 miles. I walk to work most days now, the only times I don't is if it's really raining or I haven't had enough sleep before a night shift.

Losing weight has made such a big difference and I'm so glad I started doing it. I've been doing Weight Watchers since November as that's what had worked for me in the past and it's easy for me to follow.

The main things I've learnt on this journey is that food will still be there later if you don't eat it all, restricting myself from certain foods doesn't work, and all the new recipes I've learnt.

submitted by /u/ramona1987
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3iSFcZA

No comments:

Post a Comment