Tuesday, July 27, 2021

I've lost my first 4lbs! Finally feel like I'm making progress 🤞🏻

29F CW: 186lbs GW: 155 (ish) height: 5'4

I have been trying and failing since January this year to lose literally anything.

Lockdown was incredibly unkind to me, yknow.. making me overeat.🙄

Anyway, I tried the MFP classic recommendation of 1200 cals, I tried the NHS weight loss plan of 1400 cals combined with the One You Easy Meals app, change4life etc to no avail.

But I've always had this all in mentality of 'well if I'm to eat healthy then I can't eat X, y, and z' which always leads to a binge after not losing a stone in a day /s

I have been using an online coach since April whereby I was given a workout plan, a calorie goal (way more than i would have ever given myself), and a sleep goal among others, which has FINALLY opened my eyes and I finally feel like I'm a good position, and have the knowledge I need, to carry on with realistic expectations.

Weighing yourself doesn't show the whole picture, as I'm sure you're all aware, and I knew this!!! But I guess it takes some reminding when you are desperate for change and the scale isn't moving.

I've started weighing myself daily which in a previous life would have become an obsession, but it's working for me at the moment to keep me on track. And it's helped me understand what happens to my body say, if I eat a salt heavy meal the night before, the scale will be a couple lbs heavier in the morning. I've also started weighing my food which seemed like a painful task but you get used to it.

I'm so pleased that I'm finally making small moves forward, I just need to keep it up and not get too cocky.

Thanks for coming to my TEDtalk.

submitted by /u/throbobular
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3i4WmEq

No comments:

Post a Comment