Saturday, July 31, 2021

Nearly at my goal weight, have added running and beginning resistance training with body weight - should I start looking into protein shakes and stuff?

Starting weight was 215 lbs, I'm at 166 now and 32 year old 5'10" male. 170 was my original goal weight but as I got close to that I realized 160 or even a little lower was a better goal because I still have a bit of a belly and love handles. So around 175 I started walking and that turned into running 2-3 miles 3-4 times a week. I've started doing body weight exercises with the goal of getting my muscles and joints used to strength training to eventually build some visible muscle. I don't want to be a body builder or anything. I'm looking more to be an average looking gym goer.

I'm at the point where I'm pretty happy with the way I look in clothes so I'm not too concerned with the weight loss slowing down or even staying where it is and transitioning the left over fat to muscle. So should I start looking into consuming more calories if it means bringing in more protein for muscle building? Or should I wait until I'm happy with the amount of fat I have before adding more calories? Is there a right and wrong way here or is this mostly personal preference?

submitted by /u/WhoTookNaN
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WG5LtQ

No comments:

Post a Comment