Monday, July 26, 2021

Starting Over… Again

Stats: 20F, 5’4 | SW: 167 | CW: 157 | GW: 140

After gaining 20-ish pounds in two years from bulimia, depression, and birth control, I finally started my (somewhat healthy) weight loss journey mid May 2021. I woke up every day at 4:30 to do 40 minutes of cardio before work and did intermittent fasting 16:8. I did really well for about a month, ended up going down to 153.5 lbs.

Then I got my period for the first time in a while and then I got depressed again, and I didn’t work as much. I realized it was so much easier to distract myself from hunger when I was busy at work. But at home? Nearly impossible. Especially when I needed comfort during a really traumatic time (I have period related trauma). And then we had heat flashes, where it was already 75 degrees around the time I’d go to the gym. All the reasons kept piling on top of each other.

I’ve gained a few pounds in the last month and man I feel like such a failure. I’ve had numerous purging relapses. I’m tired of the loneliness and hiding that comes with it.

My 21st birthday is in October, and I really want to reach my goal weight by then. So, I guess here’s me starting over.

submitted by /u/tradingmistakes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kZglpG

No comments:

Post a Comment