Saturday, July 31, 2021

My biggest revelation in my weight loss journey this year has been realizing that I can still lose weight eating whatever I want, AS LONG AS I FOLLOW CICO.

32M 6'3", 290. SW 370ish. I used to be a big fan of counting carbs, paleo, IF, long term fasts, etc. I've been on many different diets, and have lost and gained weight back a few times throughout my life, usually going on a "diet" like keto or paleo and then falling off it. I've delt with type 2 diabetes at 30 and am now in full remission for 1.5 years with my A1c at 4.9. I beat the beetus through long term fasting.

Covid was not good for me. I let myself eat way more then I should have and my A1c was going up to pre-diabetic levels again, 5.7 and I regained weight to 335. I have an app on my phone called Carb Manager, and I decided I was going to be diligent and track my calories, weighing highly caloric foods like peanut butter and meats. I decided I wanted still eat bread and other things but still kept my carbs around 100 a day, net value and calories around 2100. I work in Healthcare and am on my feet but not as some folks.

I went in for my check-up after tracking my calories daily and low and behold, I still lost weight, even though I had drank alcohol, ate bread and gone out. I was just honest with myself on my food intake. CICO really is the answer and will allow me to take my life back without feeling the constraints of a diet. If you struggle with diets, I would suggest the following: Weigh your food and be honest with your activity level. Find the right amount of food you can eat and still lose weight. Be consistent with your calories and activity. Don't let an off day throw off your entire week! We are all in this together!

submitted by /u/Smilodon_Rex
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fhMLZ4

No comments:

Post a Comment