Tuesday, July 27, 2021

I'm Finally Feeling Attracted To Myself Again

26, F, H: 5'5", SW: 290, CW:255, GW:200

Maybe this is narcissistic - you decide!

I belly dance recreationally. As I lose weight, I find myself ogling at my reflection more and more. I don't mind the jiggling or the less-than-toned skin - I can actually see my abdominal muscles moving when I do my tummy flutters and belly rolls! I was at my lightest when I first started taking classes, so over 4 years later I'm finally starting to feel how I did then - but this time, with the added confidence and strength of several years of practice. If I saw someone like me performing what I see in the mirror, I'd be in love.

This is my second time going through significant weight loss - the lightest I achieved the first time was 215lbs starting from 250, and I absolutely loved my body at that weight (my fat-free mass is approximately 150lbs, so while 200lbs would still put me in the "obese" category on paper, my health and body composition would tell a different story). However, I achieved this loss with medication, so when I went to university and stopped taking it, I gained back double what I lost.

Now I'm simply counting calories and losing again, down over 30lbs. I can't wait to see how much my confidence grows as my weight loss continues. Of course, body image had very little to do with my "Why"s of losing weight, but getting to see a curvy bellydancer in the mirror twice a week is a nice plus!

submitted by /u/bellabelleell
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rL3cCg

No comments:

Post a Comment