Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Seeking advice: I'm at a loss with weight loss

Hi friends. I'm struggling today and hoping I can crowdsource inspiration/input. I (F28) currently weigh 173 (5ft. 6", 32% body fat) and have been trying to lose weight for a few months now to no avail and I don't understand why.

I started Noom in May at 174.8...and weighed in this morning at 173.2. I dropped Noom because I wanted to be more mindful of protein intake and macros, so I've switched to MFP and am trying to eat a more macro-focused, high-protein diet. I'm lifting 4-5 days a week and try to do some walks, runs, rowing, on the off days. I don't eat desserts, I don't drink alcohol or soda and yet the scale does not move. I'm looking at my weight graph that's basically just a straight line and it makes me want to cry. I've lost weight before with WW and running and lifting and got down to 140 - why isn't anything happening now?

Calculating TDEE put me around 2300-2600, so it recommended 1800-1900 calories a day. I've been really trying to eat that much although I was used to under-eating beforehand so it's a tough adjustment to be constantly making meals and getting ~160g of protein in. (Noom had me at like 1300 calories which in retrospect seems too low?)

Should I be eating more (is my calorie deficit too high?) The opposite - cut back to 1500 or 1600? Should I ditch lifting and just go back to running and cardio? I can understand the lifting may be building muscle that weighs more than fat, but it's hard when I see no physical difference and the smart scale gives me no data to corroborate that hypothesis.

It makes me worry something is wrong with me. It's like my metabolism is a runaway experiment. I'm at a loss and grateful for anyone's input.

submitted by /u/helenoftroyandabed
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/osu8fm/seeking_advice_im_at_a_loss_with_weight_loss/

No comments:

Post a Comment