Tuesday, July 27, 2021

It's amazing how much cutting junk food out of your life can do for you

I was never overweight according to my BMI, but I did have some excess fat on my thighs and legs that I really wanted to get rid of. It bothered me enough to make me decide to stop eating junk food, which I knew was probably the reason my thighs were big in the first place, but I still couldn't be bothered to go on an actual diet or start counting my calories.

Truth be told, I didn't know if it'd wield any real results, but I still stuck with it. And today when I put on some skinny jeans and looked in the mirror, Y'ALL - my thighs are so much smaller than they used to be!

I honestly wasn't expecting this big of a change in so short of a time frame, considering I'd only made the decision to completely cut all junk food out of my life just a few months back. The difference really is insane and I don't know why I didn't think of getting rid of the junk food in my meals sooner.

I didn't go on some fancy diet, I didn't count my calories and I didn't get a gym membership. All I did was quit junk food cold turkey and stick to eating 3 healthy meals a day rather than snacking whenever I felt like it like I used to do before. If I really wanted to grab a snack, I grabbed an apple instead of a bag of chips and maintained a low to moderate level of daily activity.

Of course I did miss junk food during the first few days after quitting it, and felt pretty hungry since my body was so used to shitty food that it forgot what was healthy and normal. But it really didn't take long for it to adjust to healthier meals, and now I'm so glad I made this change and stuck with it.

The difference between me a few months ago and me now is crazy and the weight loss happened so much faster than I expected it to. Now I not only look better, but feel so much better too. Just wanted to share this to let everyone know how much something as small as cutting junk food out of your life can do for you and your body.

submitted by /u/thelongdogg
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ye7rZy

No comments:

Post a Comment