Saturday, July 24, 2021

My oberservation of this forum

There is a lot of good support to be found here, but there is also dangerous advice (and encouragement!) for people who clearly need help for disordered eating at a minimum and possibly for an eating disorder.

If you restrict and then binge, if you believe that you as an adult are just fine off of less than 1500 calories per day and you exercise a lot, if you eat one meal per day, if you cut out entire food groups, it would be a good idea to reach out to your therapist and doctor to make sure you are doing things in a healthy way.

Weight loss doesn't have to be restricrive or unhealthy or unsustainable or painful. I've lost almost 120 pounds in just over 11 months. I'm a 5'5" woman in my early 40s sitting at about 167 pounds. I did lose too quickly, although my doctor didn't seem concerned, I could have a ticking time bomb for a gallbladder. I didn't go below 1500 a day--I probably averaged 1650 to 1800 in the beginning. I should have been eating more. The last several months I've been hitting about 2400 a day. Yes, I exercise. My weight loss has slowed greatly and that's a good thing.

Please remember, this is a change for life, it is not a race. Good luck.

submitted by /u/HowDoesThatWorkNow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36Z5BzG

No comments:

Post a Comment