Sunday, July 25, 2021

1 year anniversary!!!

On July 25, 2020 I finally decided to start my weight loss journey. Now a full year in the future, I hardly recognize myself, physically and mentally. My entire mindset around food and exercise and overall fitness has completely changed, and the body I had wanted for years but thought I could never have is slowly coming to realization.

I used to hate any form of exercise and thought that eating large amounts of any food I wanted when I wanted it made me a "foodie" or "quirky", when in reality it was a coping mechanism I learned from a very young age. I've never been a healthy weight until recently because of it.

I feel better than ever now! I'm doing things I thought I'd never be able to do, much less enjoy doing them! I've found that I love to jog on treadmills, doing yoga, going on long walks outside, and other forms of exercise I do regularly. Old me would've dreaded all of this and avoided it if possible, but now I make time everyday for exercise.

While health and feeling better physically is a great motivator to lose weight, especially since obesity and related diseases are rampant in my family, actually liking what I see in pictures and in the mirror is so amazing. I feel so much more confident and attractive in my body than I ever have before. Just yesterday I went to the pool with a friend, and for the first time in my life I felt good in my swimsuit!

One year ago I was 230 lbs, now I'm 159 lbs. While I still have 19 more pounds to lose, I've lost 71 in a year, which I think is unbelievable. Even my own mom says that she hardly recognizes me in my old pictures. I'm so excited to see that all the effort I've put in for the past year is really paying off and I love this new lifestyle compared to my old one.

http://imgur.com/a/7XiyEHo

submitted by /u/Thiccness420
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UFlb0U

No comments:

Post a Comment