Wednesday, July 21, 2021

What was the moment in your life that made you realise how big you really were?

For me, there were a couple.

First, the old classic, I broke a chair. I was sitting at the dinner table with my family, eating take out for the third time that week, and as a was laughing and leaning over to grab my drink, the wooden chair I was sitting on broke a leg. Never stopped laughing so fast in my life and my husband tried to laugh it off but looked sad for me. This was yesterday.

Second, I was planning a trip to an amusement park and, having heard horror stories about people making the walk of shame off the roller coaster because of their weight, I decided to look up the weight limits. I found out I wouldn’t be allowed on any of the rides. I cried and sadly cancelled the vacation.

Lastly, the most horrifying memory I have, someone saw one of the “before” weight loss photos I had taken a week previously and asked “why do you have a photo of a fat man in a bikini on your laptop? Ew.” I was a 24 year old woman. Still makes me want to die.

I’d like to hear anyone else’s reality checks if you want to share!

submitted by /u/ilhaC
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rqRnAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment