Thursday, July 22, 2021

27 lbs lost, I'm not stopping now!

Hello everyone. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone in the r/loseit community. I don't have any friends or family who I can talk to about weight loss. My partner is very supportive but he has never been over weight and he can't relate to what I'm going through.

It has just been so nice to be a part of this community and to read posts that I can 100% relate to. There is so much good information floating around on this sub and every time I learn something new I feel like I got a gift from the person who posted it.

This is not my first time trying to lose weight. I have been oscillating between 250 lbs and 210 lbs for the past 5 years. A few months ago I hit a new all time high of 252 lbs and now I am at 225 lbs. Seeing 252 on the scale made me feel so guilty. Before the pandemic I had gotten down to around 215 lbs then I tried to maintain and ultimately went back to my old eating habits till I got up to 252 lbs. I am trying not be too hard on myself for that especially considering I got covid and I am still suffering from lingering symptoms but it's hard to extinguish the guilt I feel. I know there are other people on this sub who went through something similar and my heart goes out to all of you. This time around has felt so different for me. For what it's worth I am taking weight loss more seriously considering there is a high chance that I wouldn't have gotten so sick from covid if I had been a healthy weight. That's been a strong motivator for me.

I am also thinking more long term. I am allowing myself to make mistakes and I am still sticking to my diet if I have a few off days. I know that sometimes I will be socializing and eat something that doesn't fit into my calories for the day and I am forgiving myself for it. I am also doing absolutely everything I can to make sure I don't feel like being on a diet is torture. I am taking mental notes when I am extra hungry and fantasizing about binging and I instead eat a snack and I've noticed those thoughts go away when I do. I am not starving myself. I am eating small amounts frequently so that I can avoid getting hungry. I am working to increase my protein and I am letting myself eat over my calories a little bit if I am extra hungry that day. My goal is 1200 calories a day but I'm probably averaging 1400-1500 and that's ok! I'm still losing weight! I am also thinking of success as being able to keep weight off instead of measuring success by how much weight I can lose quickly.

I have gone from a size 18 to a size 14 (in old navy jeans). I have gone from getting winded and light headed playing fetch with my dogs to being able to take them on a 3 hour hike. I have gone from over eating and getting the itis (extremely full and tired) to eating small amounts throughout the day and never being hungry or stuffed. I have gone from 252 lbs to 225 lbs. And the most important thing is I am planning on losing weight and maintaining weight loss forever.

Here is a picture of me today <3

Edit: Spaces

TLDR: I lost 27 lbs and I am grateful for r/loseit

submitted by /u/No_rain_93
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3xZViqU

No comments:

Post a Comment