Friday, December 24, 2021

Do I have to start at 1200 calories?

Hello, I’m a long time lurker but finally decided to take the plunge and make an account.

I am 5’0 tall woman and am 255 pounds. I am wanting to start my own journey but am unsure about where to start. I realize a lot of my problem started in trauma and the emotional aspect, and I have been working hard to address those issues and heal in that way. Now I’m ready to lose weight.

After years of struggling with her weight, my mother has been successfully losing weight after binge watching My 600 pound life. She follows a very very strict 1200 calorie diet. Dr. Now’s diet, I believe. She is having great success and inspiration to me. She eats high protein & only eats 20g of carbs a day. I was telling her I wanted to start weight loss and now she is constantly telling me that that’s the only way to do this, that I must be willing to commit to 1200 calories, and need to cut out carbs, even the healthy non processed sources. She says I will need to drink a sole salt water drink every day and it will replace all the electrolytes I’ll be losing by eating this way and keep me from feeling the effects of keto flu. She says this way of eating will make you lose muscle mass but that it’s okay & you can rebuild it.

I don’t know if I can start out this strict. She says if I truly care about myself I must lay down all my desire for food, and realize you really don’t need much to survive on.

I did a TDEE calculator and it said my sedentary maintenance was 2,128 calories. So I had set a goal of 1500 calories to start my journey. But according to my mom that’s still too much, and I need to cut it down to 1200 and she gets upset if I say I think I’ll start slower at first and says I’m just not commiting myself fully.

Is there more than one right way to do this? Do I have to start at 1200? Can I still have a baked potato or an apple sometimes?

submitted by /u/gardengirl01
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3svScLc

No comments:

Post a Comment