Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Vent- Comments from family

To preface I am 27/F/5’4/226lbs just two weeks ago I was 233lbs and I am 8 months pp. In 2018 I went from 210 > 160, so this isn’t my first weight loss rodeo.

The issue is now we are stuck living with my family due to an unforeseen housing issue for a little while. Right now my parents are on the keto diet and have done very well and have been pushing me to do keto- just isn’t what I want to do right now. My focus is more on IF and CICO and just in general trying to make better choices.

However, every time I eat it feels like there’s some sort of comment “You drink too much pop” - it’s Coke Zero which they also drink, so I get comments like these. Now the big issue I had are from today and yesterday.

Yesterday after I had finish fasting I made myself breakfast with lox salmon, an egg, a bagel and turkey soup with cauliflower rice. After that I decided to eat two cookies and 4 hours later I had 2 chocolates. However, yesterday my stomach was in so much pain right in the morning before I ate and then I realized it was my period. I made a comment about asking for help to watch the baby as I had to run to the washroom and when I came back I let my mom know that the pain was from the period.

But she said back to me “No it’s from the sweets you ate/lay off the sweets”- it was two small cookies and two chocolates? My stomach was hurting before I even ate them! And continued to hurt way after I had eaten.

Now today I blew up- I had ordered a sashimi salad, and decided to mix it with a bag of ice berg lettuce my sister had got me that had some other veggies in it and added cucumber and nutritional yeast. This was a big salad in a big bowl- volume eating.

Well the comments started right away with tones and dirty looks. “That’s way too much” “She’s done this before with another bag of salad”. I explained that I was volume eating this salad and my sister defended me, but my mom said “Your uncle ate a lot like that and you’re just going to train your stomach to hold more”. My uncle eats a lot of pulled pork, ribs, corn bread, 2l pops.

I finally said “ I don’t talk about your weight or diet or food, please don’t talk about mine it’s rude “. All they said was “Don’t bring it up then and stop talking about it”. I wasn’t even the one who said anything to begin with.

/end rant :(

submitted by /u/Fine_Bit_1439
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pyeGcM

No comments:

Post a Comment