Monday, December 27, 2021

Why do so many people have a negative attitude towards losing weight?

Ever since I went on a "diet" (more of a lifestyle change), I've been getting a lot of negative responses from people around me. Things like: You don't need to restrict yourself, you're not even fat, you don't need this..., I could go on.

Since I started this diet, I have been much more mindful about what I eat. Before I started, I ate chocolate and cookies for breakfast almost every day. I'd eat pizza for dinner every other day. I used to eat fast food without even thinking about the consequences. Despite all those food choices I was only "slightly overweight", but I was concerned for my health.

I started to eat more vegetables, informed myself about healthy food choices, started to cook healthy meals and in general, I was more mindful about what I eat. But I was restricting myself a lot at first (no sweets for a month!). I was also obsessed with the scale and constantly wanted to see changes.

But then I learned not to "hate" certain types of foods or even feel bad about eating sweets once in a while. And even the last couple of days, when I overate during christmas, I didn't feel bad or hated myself for overeating. I just decided to continue where I stopped with my weight loss journey.

Despite all those positive things, I still see people around me (but also on the internet!) have a negative attitude towards diets. I've been called mentally ill for counting calories before. Is is because people are misinformed? Do they think that dieting = starving yourself? Has anyone else gotten negative reactions to something that's actually a good thing?

submitted by /u/-SinEater-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3Hdngnd

No comments:

Post a Comment