Monday, December 27, 2021

Doing really well with combination of tactics.

Male, 45 y/o, 5'11", SW 291, CW 261.

My wife started a weight loss program with a physician about 2 months before I started. I just copied her routine. Wife has a rare blood cancer, so she was very interested in having a physician involved in this process. She dropped 40 pounds in 12 weeks.

The program: basically uses three tactics. First, intermittent fasting. I eat during an 8 hour period. She is down to 6 hours. I don't think there's much of a difference, but it may help with plateaus.

Second, calorie restriction. I think my wife is at 800 calories. I'm at 1200. This is determined by metabolism. If you're doing this in your own, use an online calculator to determine how many calories you need to sustain your current weight, and pick a lower number.

Third, diet restriction. The calories you're interested in are protein calories. Just count the protein. I focus on "protein and green" as a motto. Unlike Atkins, you are interested in lean protein only. Chicken, turkey, uncured hams, very lean beef. This is it.

The method: get some ketosis testing strips. Drink half your body weight in fluid ounces of water each day. You're literally pissing away fat. You need electrolytes, so drink a Propel or similar beverage every day. This counts toward the water total. Eat only lean protein for 3 to 4 days until you're in ketosis. Then move to a protein and green diet. No sugar. Low carbs. Protein shakes and protein bars will help, but stick with low carb, low calorie options. Black coffee doesn't count during off hours, but it's gotta be black, no almond milk or anything

That's it. Rinse and repeat. I weigh myself once a week. I like Sunday because it seems to keep me in check for the weekend. I'm on week 7. Lost 5 pounds Thanksgiving week and 7 pounds Christmas week. One helpful trick with big events is to throw in an extra weigh in session the morning of to see where you're at. This really helps me stay on task.

Drinking: I like to drink and I've continued to drink during weight loss. I've had success with the following method. Distilled spirits only, nothing just fermented (so no beer or wine). Stick with regular whiskeys and clear spirits. No sugary stuff like Fireball. Watch the mixers; only seltzer or diet soda. Also, you can't drink every day or all day. Stick with evenings on Fridays and Saturdays, but abstain the rest of the week. Again weighing in on Sunday keeps me in check here. It will slow down your metabolism is you go over. If you're having a problem with this, you're definitely not alone. You should seek out some folks near you to help with this issue. Alcohol issues and weight loss are insanely common and not addressed nearly enough. Help is out there, but you need to ask.

Miscellaneous: we take a bunch of supplements, but I think it boils down to a multivitamin, fish oil and a fiber laxative, like Metamucil, but in capsule form. I can get details if need be.

I really hope this helps someone. Reach out with any questions.

submitted by /u/uwantafreshone
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32L7KjG

No comments:

Post a Comment