Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Fluctuations are ruining my peace of mind

I’m only aiming for a 15-20lb weight loss, to put me back to my base weight before my alcoholism stint, which was 120lbs at 5’6”.

Yes, that is thin, but I never had to try to maintain it. I ate what I wanted; my appetite is naturally small; I didn’t work out. After curling up in a bottle for 6-10 months, I gained 36lbs. That’s from my lowest weight ever—116lbs, which is probably about 10lbs under my “happy weight.”

So the amount I have to lose is minimal, which is a double edged sword. At 140lbs right now (151 starting), I am healthy, but I’m not happy with how I look. I’m small-boned and soft and my body looks best at 125-130.

I’ve been trying to keep an average of 1000-1200 cals per day, as my TDEE is only about 1900. I’ve lost 10lbs since October, but the fluctuations on the scale are legitimately disturbing my peace of mind.

I went on a camping trip, ate minimally, and exercised about 3x as much as I normally would. Walking, hiking, climbing steep inclines. I came back hoping and praying to see 139…. and it’s 142.

I’ve been weighing myself once a week on my boyfriend’s scale as my own is wildly inaccurate. But the downside of that is that it’s a crapshoot whether I’m weighing myself on a day I’m holding water, not holding water, etc. I also realized it’s the 22nd and my period is around the 30th so the scale is just going to continue to creep up.

Feeling deflated and disheartened. When you’ve only lost 10lbs, seeing a 3lb fluctuation is just devastating.

submitted by /u/plantiewitch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3FriBNZ

No comments:

Post a Comment