Sunday, December 19, 2021

Need to lose, it's now or never if I want to have a kid

I'm hoping posting here will help with my accountability or at least help with some positive vibes being sent my way. Me and my husband have been trying to conceive, but have not been successful. I've been trying some medication based hormone therapy on and off for a year with no luck. My gyn finally referred me to a fertility clinic to be treated for infertility, but (and I saw this coming) I've been told I'm too fat for treatment.

This news was something I have feared all along. No one wants to admit to themselves that something like infertility could be linked to their weight. But here I am at my heaviest weight being told I need to lose at least 100lbs to qualify for treatment.

If anything, it's a huge motivator. I have a set goal and I know I need to reach it if I want a family. But with my past history of obesity and failed attempts at weight loss, I have such a negative voice in my head telling me that it's impossible. I keep getting stuck and focusing on how large of a feat lossing 100lbs feels like. It's leaving me with a sense of defeat already.

submitted by /u/tletourneau529
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sk8A1A

No comments:

Post a Comment