Wednesday, December 22, 2021

I hit 50lbs lost in 6 months with diet and strength training, even though quite a few people didn't think it would work.

I am by no means done, but I hit my goals for the year this week. When I started in June I failed a 180lb bench press, and was 385lbs. This week I hit my first 300lb bench press, and a 200lb overhead press all while being right at 50lbs lost. That made me very happy.

A lot of people told me I wouldn't be able to be on a calorie restriction and keep pushing, but I came up with a diet that worked. 5 meals a day, all smaller. Egg whites and fruit for breakfast, oats for meal 2, salad for lunch, a protein shake before work is over, and a healthy dinner like chicken and rice. It's hard to get enough protein for someone my size and not have a lot of calories, but it has worked for me. I do also use a pre workout, and a BCAA mix while I'm working out. It's debatable if BCAA helps, but it definitely doesn't hurt.

My main thing is I was never successful just trying to see the scale go down. Now that I work out a lot and focus on weight I'm lifting instead of the scale going down, it has kept me motivated.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but maybe someone else can see this and realize there are other ways to approach weight loss.

submitted by /u/TheTitanHyperion
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3El2KPB

No comments:

Post a Comment